- Meet The Team
- Why Have I Been Referred For a Heart Scan?
- What is a Fetal Heart Scan?
- The Normal Fetal Circulation
- My Baby has a Heart Problem: What does that mean for us?
- Chromosomal Abnormalities
- Fetal Cardiology Nurse Specialist
- Having your baby in Leeds or in your local hospital?
- Advice and Support
- Video Diaries
- Your Views
- Monitoring of Results
- Second Opinion
Dr James Oliver
Lead Clinician for Congenital Cardiology
Area of expertise
General Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Pulmonary hypertension in Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Heart disease in pregnancy
Qualified in Birmingham in 1996.
Trained in Clinical Pharmacology at the University of Edinburgh from 2001 to 2006
Awarded PhD in 2007 from the University of Edinburgh
Trained in general cardiology in Sheffield from 2006 to 2009 and in Adult Congenital Heart Disease in Leeds from 2009 to 2012
Worked as a locum consultant in Adult Congenital Heart Disease in Leeds for almost a year before taking up a substantive consultant post in July 2013
Specialist interests within your profession
Co-investigator for the AIMS UK trial in Marfan Syndrome.