What and how can we help?
We see lots of different people, of all ages, with different needs such as;
• Coping when you find out about your or your child’s heart problem
• Struggling to cope with treatments
• Helping you do the things that are important to you
• Support in preparing for surgery or procedures
• Managing emotions that come from dealing with a heart condition
There are different ways which we offer support to families, from general information guides and ‘top tips’, to meeting with families to talk about their specific difficulties.
Who is part of the team?
· Dr Sara Matley, Consultant Clinical Psychologist
· Dr Kat Bilbrough, Principal Clinical Psychologist
· Mrs Jayne Slack, Senior Counsellor
· Mrs Sandie Allison, Counsellor
Sometimes we also have Psychologists in Clinical Training working with us for short periods of time. Our trainees are often on placement with us in their final year of training and are supervised by a Senior Psychologist in the team.