- Meet The Team
- Dental Practitioners: Dental care in children at risk of Infective Endocarditis
- Looking after your child’s oral health
- Coming for an echocardiogram
- Outpatient Appointments
- Preparing to Come into Hospital for Surgery
- On Admission to the Children's Ward
- Operation Day
- Children's Intensive Care
- Daily Routine on Intensive Care
- Managing your child's discomfort
- Going Home
- Children's Cardiac MRI Scan
- Cardiac Catheter
- Reveal Device
- Ablation Procedure
- INR and Warfarin
- Lifestyle and Exercise Advice
- School Advice
- Yorkshire Regional Genetic Service
- Advice & Support Groups
- Your Views
- Monitoring of Results
- Second Opinion
Please note, due to the Covid-19 pandemic our visiting policy is currently different. Please contact the children’s cardiac nurse specialists prior to your child’s admission and they can give you an up to date visiting policy.
Parents / Carers are welcome at any time.
6.00am – 10.00am — Parents only
10.00am – 8.00pm — Any member of the family can visit between these times (only 3 at the bed at a time and 1 must always be the parent)
8.00pm – 10.00pm — Parents only
10.00pm – 6.00am — 1 parent overnight
Anyone who is unwell, or has been in contact with an infectious disease should check with the ward about visiting. No very young children to visit without permission from the nurse in charge. No children under 16yrs allowed to visit without adult supervision.
Please remember any children visiting are your responsibility during the whole of the visit. We can not be responsible for them. Please talk to the nurse in charge if you need to.