The Adult Congenital Cardiac Nurse Specialists
We are experienced Cardiac Nurses who help care for adults with congenital heart problems and their families. We work as members of the Adult Congenital Heart Team, in outpatient clinics and can make visits to the patients’ home as appropriate.
The team provide a service to any patient and family living in Yorkshire and The Humber.
The service operates weekdays — 08.00 – 16.00 hrs
There is also an answer phone where messages can be left or you can email us for advice or information.
How we may be able to help
We can assist you and your family to understand your heart condition and treatments
- By being a link with medical staff
- By being a resource for your GP and staff working in District General Hospitals
- By giving advice about any symptoms related to your heart
- By liaising with careers/employment advisors
- By discussing family planning & pregnancy
- By advising on issues such as holding a driving licence, travelling abroad
- Prepare you for surgery or keyhole surgery
- By being there to listen
Our telephone number is 0113 3928154
Our email address – Email
Children’s Heart Surgery Fund
Supporting congenital heart disease patients from fetus through to adulthood.
Tel: 0113 3925742
Turn 2 Us
Turn to us is a national charity that helps people in financial hardship gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services.
Turn 2 Us